Macaroni and cheese are inseparable components in the preparation of almost every Macaroni dish. The recipe below is dairy-free.
- 350 gm – Brown rice macaroni
- 500 gm – Chicken thigh fillet or breast fillet
- 150 gm – Small cup mushroom
- 2 Small – Red capsicum
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- Parsley leaves to garnish
- 2 tbsp – Paprika
- 1/4 tsp – Tumeric powder
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Pesto :
1 cup – Walnuts
2 cups – Basil
2 Cloves – Garlic
1/2 Lemon Juice ( if large lemon ) or 1 Lemon juice (if small lemon)
1 Tbsp – Olive oil
2 Tbsp – Nutritional Yeast
- Process walnuts and basil at high speed in a food processor.
- Once the mixture is coarse add garlic, nutritional yeast, olive oil and lemon juice and process the mixture. Process until a smooth paste is formed, stopping few times to push down sides as necessary.
Cooking chicken and macaroni
Cut chicken into small bite pieces, marinating with paprika, tumeric and salt for 30 minutes. Heat the pan, and once the pan is hot, add chicken and cook in low fire. Add little water if necessary and cook until chicken is nearly cooked. Add mushroom and capsicum and cook for few minutes. Add spinach leaves and pesto and mix it well stirring the pan whole time.
Cook rice Macaroni as per instruction on the packet until its slightly firm. Be careful not to overcook. Drain and rinse pasta in warm water. Throw the cooked macaroni into the pan and stir it continuously in slow fire, until it is completely mixed with other ingredients . Garnish it with parsley and serve.
- Usage of oil is kept to a minimum for health reason. One more table spoon (1 Tbsp) of oil may be used before adding chicken to the pan.
- 1 tsp chilli flakes can be added to the chicken curry to make it spicy.