- 1.5 cups Gluten-free Self -raising flour ( Organ brand) -1
- 1 cup Besan flour (Lotus brand) -2
- ½ cup Tapioca flour (Lotus brand)-3
- ½ cup Potato starch (Bobs Red Mill brand)-4
- ½ cup Cornflour (P.A.N brand)-5
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 250 ml warm water for the Pizza dough
- 1 tbsp Dry Yeast (Tandaco brand)
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 140 ml lukewarm water
Sauce and Toppings :
- 5 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 100 gm -Cheddar, Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese mixture
- 50 gm – Small cup Mushrooms, sliced into quarters
- ½ – Red Capsicum, sliced into small pieces
- ½ – Green Capsicum, sliced into small pieces
- Handful – baby spinach leaves
- Handful -Fresh basil leaves (or dry)
- 1 tsp -Dry Oregano leaves (or fresh)
Dissolve the sugar in warm water, sprinkle the yeast on top, and mix with a spoon and set aside for 10-15 minutes until frothy.
Put all 5 measured flour and baking powder in a bowl. Sieve the mixture 3 times, so the different flours and baking powder are combined together.
Preheat the oven to 180° C (fan-forced). Place the flour mix into a food processor, add the warm water and yeast and pulse until the mixture come together in a soft dough.
If the dough feels a little sticky, add more self-raising flour. If it is too dry, add a little water.
Scoop the mixture and knead it by hand on a board until it becomes a smooth oblong-shaped dough. Divide it into 3 equal portions and make 3 balls.
Transfer one ball on the baking sheet/paper on a board, sprinkle with flour and using your fingers, flatten it. Then place the cling film on top and roll it with a rolling pin until it turns into a pizza crust about 24 cm (or 20 cm) diameter. Place it on a Pizza baking tray, cover the top with another baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove the crust from the oven and spread with tomato sauce. Sprinkle a small quantity of cheese and arrange mushrooms and capsicum. Add the remaining cheese, put baby spinach leaves on top, sprinkle Basil and Oregano. Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is cooked through and the cheese has melted.
The dough will become soft once it’s kneaded by hand.
Baking sheet/paper is preferable to Aluminium foil.
No oil or milk has been added to the flour mixture. When 2 tbsp of olive oil is added to the flour-mix in the Food processor, the mixture will come together in a soft dough.