Sesame ball is made from black sesame and white sesame seeds. Its a healthy and tasty snack.
- 200 gm – White Sesame Seeds
- 100 gm – Black Sesame Seeds
- 100 gm – Roasted Urad Dhal flour
- 100 gm – Jaggery powder
- 60 gm – Dates
- 15 ml – Hot water
- 2 tbs – Dessicated coconut
Method: Makes 15 sesame balls
- Roast white and black sesame seeds separately in a pan. When sesame seeds splutter nice aroma start to emanate. Generally sesame seeds need to be roasted for 5 minutes in low flame. Leave it aside to cool.
- Transfer the sesame seed mixture to a Food Processor or Blender and powder it coarsely.
- Add jaggery, water and dates to the mixture and blend it again coarsely.
- Transfer the mixture into a dry bowl. Roll into balls by hand and then into dessicated coconut.
- Some could be plain balls and others coated with dessicated coconut.
- Keep them in an air-tight container for a week.
If you are unable to get jaggery, use raw brown sugar or palm sugar.
Use roasted rice flour, instead of Urad flour. Soak 100 gm white rice for 2 hours;
Clean it, pat dry, grind it to a powder and roast it well.
One Sesame ball per person per day is an ideal snack. Avoid taking any fluids ( water or other drinks) within one hour of eating a sesame ball.